Immune / Auto-Immune / Inflammatory Panel Covers:
- Cellular Inflammation
- Autophagy Consideration
- Environmental Inflammation
- Skin and Joint Glutathione Status
Who needs this panel? Those who have...
- Asthma / Reactive Airway Disease
- Eczema / Psoriasis
- Severe Allergic Rhinitis
- Granulomatous Disease
- Autoimmune Disease:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Chronic Dry Eyes
- Chronic Fatigue
- Chronic Infections
- Immune Weakness
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
The report algorithms, created by our medical experts, will take the patient's genetic results and create nutritional and lifestyle recommendations along with recommended lab work and health precautions based upon many factors and their clinical expertise. The built-in proprietary software takes out the guesswork and allows the provider to recommend the proper nutrition and health advisements safely by your DNA results.
Chronic inflammation and oxidative stress underlie premature aging and most chronic diseases, including cancer. Understanding a person's predispositions and what you can do about them can be a valuable tool in both prevention and treatment. Nutrition is an essential part of any health program. This panel includes 30 gene variants that can affect one's ability to control or "turn off" inflammation.
Genetic Testing for Inflammation
Inflammation plays a role in numerous diseases and health problems, including asthma, arthritis, autoimmune, diabetes, eczema, irritable bowel, mental health, sclerosis, obesity, and more. Chronic inflammation and oxidative stress can lead to premature aging and many chronic diseases, including cancer. Genetic testing for inflammation can be a valuable tool in both prevention and treatment of inflammatory issues through an understanding of a person’s genetic predisposition and nutrient utilization. Only by understanding a problem can a solution be found.
Your immune system is your body’s last line of defense against viruses and disease. Boosting your immune system through supplements and vitamins can be an effective way to maintain your health throughout the year and in cold and flu season. But how do you know which supplements are right for your unique needs? The answer: Genetic testing for inflammation.
FIRST, WHAT IS INFLAMMATION?
Inflammation is a proper response from the immune system. When something is present within the body that shouldn’t be, the immune system releases Interleukins (chemical messengers), which call on other immune cells to aid in removing the foreign substance. Inflammation becomes an issue when the regulatory mechanisms no longer properly regulate the release of Interleukins or Macrophages, the type of white blood cell that usually digests foreign substances.
DNA testing for inflammation has allowed researchers and medical providers to learn which genetic differences, or SNPs, cause or influence problematic regulatory mechanisms. For example, if the CTLA4 gene is not functioning properly, T cells will continue to come to the inflamed area, causing chronic inflammation, which eventually causes long-term damage to the area. Genetic testing for inflammation allows providers to deal with unregulated inflammation by understanding where the problem lies.
VITAMIN D TESTING - VDR TAQ
While vitamin D deficiency does not leave a patient with obvious symptoms, it has been linked to significant immune weakness and increased risk of cancer. It has also been linked to bone loss and an increased risk of cognitive decline and mood disorders. With so much on the line and no obvious symptoms to identify, why not take a vitamin D deficiency test?
The genetic marker, VDR Taq, is activated by vitamin D. VDR either activates or deactivates the production of protein by the cell. Vitamin D testing can inform whether or not your cells are receiving the proper instructions from your genes at the proper time.
TEST FOR VITAMIN D DEFICIENCY AND OTHER INFLAMMATORY ISSUES
A vitamin D deficiency test is included in both our 26- or 55-gene nutrigenomic report as well as many other revealing SNPs. GX Sciences is dedicated to aid those suffering from vitamin D deficiency, no matter how mild or severe. Our genetic testing for inflammation includes six key genes in our 26-gene report and fifteen key genes in our 55-gene report. Our experts have chosen the following SNPs to be analyzed in the area of mitochondrial function: -includes photos of 26 & 55 inflammation gene reports
Neurobiologix’s physician-approved immune booster supplements provide the added nutrients and minerals necessary to a fuel a healthy immune system. All of our immune boosters and supplements are made with the highest quality ingredients, under strict GMP standards.
VDR Taq Information
The impact of Vitamin D and the use of Vitamin K has to do with the enhanced effects of both vitamins when used concurrently. With the VDR taq mutation, we typically need to use higher levels of Vitamin D to overcome the transport issue. If there is not enough Vitamin K, then there can be a risk of inappropriate calcium deposits because it is not directed to the bones through osteocalcin. Therefore, it is always recommended to use Vitamin K with Vitamin D unless there is a contraindication, such as Factor V leiden or use of blood thinners.
DAO Histamine Intolerance
Histamine intolerance is generally caused by a defect in the body’s histamine breakdown process by the enzyme Diamine Oxidase (DAO). Deficiency in the DAO enzyme system, found in the intestinal mucosa, has been suggested as the most probable cause of histamine intolerance. There are genetic variations in individual enzyme function and when the activity is insufficient, the resulting excess of histamine may cause numerous symptoms resembling an allergic reaction. Common symptoms of histamine intolerance include:
- Pruritus (itching especially of the skin, eyes, ears, and nose)
- Urticaria (hives) (sometimes diagnosed as “idiopathic urticaria”)
- Tissue swelling (angioedema) especially of facial and oral tissues and sometimes the throat, the latter causing the feeling of “throat tightening”
- Hypotension (drop in blood pressure)
- Tachycardia (increased pulse rate, “heart racing”)
- Symptoms resembling an anxiety or panic attack
- Chest pain
- Nasal congestion, runny nose, seasonal allergies
- Conjunctivitis (irritated, watery, reddened eyes)
- Digestive upset, especially heartburn, “indigestion,” and reflux
Low histamine level foods:
- Fresh meat (cooled, frozen or fresh)
- Freshly caught fish
- Chicken (skinned and fresh)
- Egg yolk
- Fresh fruits – with the exception of strawberries, most fresh fruits are considered to have a low histamine level (also see histamine liberators below)
- Fresh vegetables – with the exception of tomatoes, spinach, and eggplant
- Grains – rice noodles, yeast free rye bread, rice crisp bread, oats, puffed rice crackers, millet flour, pasta (spelt and corn based)
- Milk substitutes – coconut milk, rice milk
- Cream cheese, butter (without the histamine generating rancidity)
- Most cooking oils – check suitability before use
- Most leafy herbs – check suitability before use
- Most non-citric fruit juices
- Herbal teas
High histamine level foods:
- Seafood: shellfish or fin fish, frozen, smoked or canned
- Processed, cured, smoked and fermented meats such as lunch meat, bacon, sausage, salami, pepperoni
- Leftover meat (After meat is cooked, the histamine levels increase due to microbial action as the meat sits)
- All fermented milk products, including most cheeses
- Yogurt, buttermilk, kefir
- Citrus fruits – eg. oranges, grapefruit, lemons, lime
- Most berries
- Dried fruit
- Fermented foods: sauerkraut, kombucha, pickles, relishes, etc.
- Tomatoes- including ketchup, tomato sauces
- Artificial food colors and preservatives
- Spices: cinnamon, chili powder, cloves, nutmeg, curry powder, cayenne
- Beverages: Black Tea, alcohol
- Chocolate, cocoa
- Vinegar and foods containing vinegar such as pickles, relishes, ketchup, and prepared mustard
Your immune system is your body’s last line of defense against viruses and disease. Boosting immune system through supplements and vitamins is an effective way to maintain your health in cold and flu season, or throughout the year. Neurobiologix’s physician approved immune booster supplements provide the added nutrients and minerals necessary to a fuel a healthy immune system. All of our immune boosters and supplements are made with the highest quality ingredients, under strict GMP standards.
10-Day Super Detox
Our 10-Day Super Detox was designed to assist the body in complete detoxification while supplying micronutrients so you thrive to your fullest. This is the best detox available for cleansing...
SuperManna - 14oz.
Healthy bodies feel better and have abundant energy! Our bodies are designed to eat whole foods, just as they are found in nature. SuperManna is a perfectly balanced blend of...
Para-Tox kills many types of parasites! It also kills the larvae and the eggs that other formulas miss. Parasites can live in the brain, heart, lungs, liver, etc., not just in...